AB De Villiers has stunned us with his batting skills and myriad range of shots. He has the record of the fastest 50, fastest 100, and fastest 150 in One Day Internationals. But there are lots of things you do not know about this Superman from South Africa. Infact he is the Rajnikanth of South Africa. Here is why.
1. He was the Caption of South Africa Jr national Rugby team.
2. AB de Villiers once had a flair for hockey, and made it to the U-16 side of the school. He was shortlisted for South Africa’s junior national hockey team.
3. He was shortlisted for South Africa’s junior national Football squad. He was an outstanding player.
4. He held six South African school swimming records in school.
5. He also held the fastest 100m dash in South Africa junior athletics.
6. AB de Villiers was the member of South Africa’s junior Davis Cup tennis team. He was ranked in the top two in his age division for tennis in South Africa.
7. He also played Golf and got a scratch handicap in it, which means he is a player whose average score for a round of golf is par or better.
8. He was also the South Africa’s U-19 national Badminton champion.
#After all these records, if you think that he must be bad at studies then here is the shocker….
9. He received a prestigious national medal from the Late Nelson Mandela for a science project.
#If that was not enough, he is a singer too.
10. AB de Villiers has also recorded a bilingual pop music record too..