Ever since she made a debut with being ‘Shanaya’ in Student of the year, she has evoked mixed responses. You may Love her, Hate her or ignore her but none of us can deny the fact that Alia is definitely here to stay. Being a dainty, petite doll, most of us presumed that she isn’t groomed for character-substantive roles but she proved us wrong with an awesome performance in ‘Highway’.
And she definitely won our admiration with the AIB’s video ‘Genius of the year’. Be it her nuance in Inst a-gram, twitter or Facebook, Alia has always managed to carve a niche for herself in the world of tinsel town.
She gracefully acknowledged her mishaps in ‘Koffee with Karan’, and also tweeted, ‘Thanks for laughing at me, and laughing with me’.
Wow, Attitude personification indeed.You will go a long way, my girl. Here are ten reasons, to redefine the love of masses; for Alia Bhatt,
1. She has made the nation go-crazy whoopee post her performances in most of the flicks. Alia has managed to strike a chord with awesome flicks like ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, ‘Highway’, ‘2States’ etc.
2. Alia is all about, versatility and variety woven into one. Be it playing the high-born chick or the middle-class bank manager’s daughter, she has done it all with ease.
3. Barely two years in the industry; Alia has already managed to carve a niche for herself. Be it western outfits or seamlessly-woven Kanjeevaram saris, she has adorned and sparkled amidst the norms and realms associated with them.
4. Alia has inspired many styles right from the renowned Masaba to Manish- Malhotra designs. Be it the embroidered casuals or the western-clad outfits; she stands out in all of them. Most of the E-commerce websites have a separate section of the name — Alia’s outfit inspiration.
5. She has always managed to whip-up sizzling chemistry, alongside anybody she pairs up with. Be it the rough-tough hunks, gruff-grumpy lorry drivers or college Romeos, Alia effortlessly whips up an amazing chemistry with them.
6. She is proud of being a daddy’s girl and has said so in many of her interviews. Be it, following his beliefs or re-quoting his quotes,
Alia has done it all in style.
7. Alia is never afraid of stepping out of her comfort zone. Post, student of the year she was bombarded with offers for Rom-com but she decided to rule-past them and risked her neck with ‘Highway’ that has paid out of bounds.
Admiration earned, indeed.
8. Though she bagged a chance using the advantage of being a star-kid, Alia has managed to climb the silver-ladder all by herself. Little has she taken into account, her father’s credentials and has also managed to break all realms and myths regarding Star-kids who are served things on a silver platter.
If and if only, Alia’s autobiography ever comes into existence she would be praised and proven for her worth for her unfathomable hardship and hard work, without an iota of wild-card entry.
9. Because she isn’t afraid to talk the truth, amidst masses that talk out-of pre-penned scripts even for interviews. Feel free to read any of her interviews and you will find that she neither poses nor pauses for any hard-to-crack chips. She oozes confidence and style.
Be it the part of talking about Siddharth Malhotra treating her like a kid, Varun Dhawan treating her well or about the treaty she signed with Dharma Productions, she has done It all in style.
10. And most importantly, she isn’t afraid to portray herself for what she is onscreen. Be it kissing on-off screen, talking about steamy scenes or skimpy dresses, Alia never shies away from them. She is out-spoken and elegant all at the same time. A trait to be admired, indeed.
Do tell us, if we have missed out on anything else?