Being and eating non-vegetarian is one of the worst things to do in India.
Talk about stereo-typing and shitty rules. Here are 10 things that every Brahmin who eats non-veg experiences in India:
1. People react with stares, exclamations, judgemental looks and comments every-time you tell people you eat non-vegetarian being a Brahmin in India.
2. When you react with ‘Yeah, I eat so what?’ Immediately people forget all about self-decision and respect and all that but choose to eat your head about the disadvantages of the same.
3. They ask questions like ‘Is your family aware about this?’
Yeah, what’s the big deal?
4. Once again they implore, And, they’re completely okay with this? Of course 😮
5. They ask more questions like, ‘Aren’t Brahmins supposed to be pure vegetarians?’
6. Some even plunge deeper and ask, “don’t you feel guilty? Are you sure you can do this?”
7. Dude, you’re sinning. Don’t you realize that? –Yeah, like you aren’t doing so by making me uncomfortable with such questions.
8. “Nobody will accept you as a Brahmin if you eat non-veg like this.” My life is not about acceptance amidst such people. Ok?
9. “You get sick often and face hurdles in life only because you are sinning and eating non-vegetarian. Only God can protect and save you.” Yeah he has to save from such kinds of blasphemy too.
10. You will surely go to hell for this sin. Yeah, I’ll see you there.
It’s time people understood the fact that Brahmins are supposed to be more than just vegetarians. Each and every one of us have the liberty to live life the way we want to, isn’t it?
Life is all about being happy, smiling and enjoying the simple pleasures. If indulging in meat makes somebody happy, why do you want to curb their happiness or burst their bubble? People who go about telling other people what to do and what not to, deserve to be taken down a peg and given a bump on their head. So go ahead, live life the way you want to do so.