With Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography ‘Playing it my way‘ finally launched on November 6 in Mumbai, little about his life is left to the imagination. However here we have a special treat for his fan lore, listed below are 10 things that we bet you did not know about Sachin Tendulkar.
1. This is what happens when Sachin tries to watch a movie.
2. He Wanted to become a Fast Bowler!
3. Sachin Tendulkar used to walk in his sleep.
4. Immense Love For His Cricket Gear
5. Sachin’s First Advertisement.
6. Anjali Tendulkar spilled the beans on how she was the one who chased after a 17-year-old Sachin after she saw him at the Mumbai airport. She even posed as a journalist to get into his house and meet him.
We guess this defines the norm ‘Love at First Sight’.
7. Sachin pleaded with Anjali to talk to his parents. Oh well, you didn’t read that one wrong 😉
8. A Life changing punishment for Sachin.
9. Sachin calls Sourav Ganguly `Babu Moshai` while Ganguly calls him `Chhota Babu`.
10. Very possessive about his Ferrari.
Also, here an anecdote that would justify Sachin being referred to as ‘God’,
This story will surely bring tears in your eyes. Once he met a group of disabled children in Chennai. One of them was Sachin’s biggest fan but he had never walked in his life. On seeing him Sachin asked him if he’d like to play cricket with him. The child was so happy that he stood up for the first time in his life.
Feel free to add more facts in the comments section,
Source: Google, Times of India, Traveller, Indiatimes, Hitwicket.