Many midst us would agree to the note that it would be an understatement to refer to Warren Buffet as a visionary. In fact, he envisioned what most of us would never at the very young age of 10, that he would be a very millionaire by 35 and managed to achieve it as well. Today he is World’s 3rd richest billionaire, indeed!.
Here are 12 facts about the stalwart that will make you want to salute him indeed!
1) Warren bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
3) He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago.
He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
4) He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
5) He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company.
6) His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year.
He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
7) Warren Buffet has given his CEO’s only two rules.
Rule number 1: Do not lose any of your share holder’s money.
Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
8) He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some popcorn and watch television.
9) Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour.
But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
10) Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
11) His advice to young people: Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself.
12) He has donated $31 billion (85% of his fortune) to charity.