He is the God of Indian cricket and its been 1.5 years since God has retired. But that does not stop us to relive his legacy again.
80 images are not enough to define Sachin Tendulkar’s legacy but we have tried our best to include some of the best moments of Sachin’s carrier and life.
1. When young Sachin fell from a tree on a Sunday evening during his vacation, his infuriated brother sent him to a cricket coaching class as a punishment.. THANK GOD!
2. But when he started playing cricket, he just won trophies.
3. With his coach & mentor Ramakant Achrekar
4. Sachin & Vinod Kambli shared a record breaking partnership in their school days.
5. Sachin’s dream was to become a fast bowler but ended up being a batsman.
6. His talent was soon noticed by the selectors & thus he was selected for the Indian Tour against Pakistan. He was just 16 years old.
7. With his sheer hardword & talent, he became the wonder kid of Indian cricket.
8. Sachin Tendulkar became the captain of the Indian team in 1996.
9. The first advertisement for which Sachin appeared was for a sticking plaster.
10. Some Epic fun in the swimming pool
11. Some more fun
12. Sachin riding a horse during a holiday in Iceland.
13. Sachin was always a fitness freak.
14. Once Sachin met a group of disabled children in Chennai. One of them was Sachin’s biggest fan but he had never walked in his life. On seeing him Sachin asked him if he’d like to play cricket with him. The child was so happy that he stood up for the first time in his life.
15. Sachin was named after music director Sachin Dev Burman.
16. Then & Now
17. Vivek Razdan carrying Sachin Tendulkar
18.Â Shaking hands with Merve Huge
19. Fun times with Azharuddin and Kapil Dev
20. He even knew to play drums.
21. Simplicity at its best.
22. Virender Sehwag is a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar. Both are extremely good friends.
23. Sachin Tendulkar dancing with Sehwag and Zaheer khan
24. Michael ‘Sachin’ Jackson
25. He is very spiritual in real life.
26. And extremely down-to-earth person !
27. Sachin Tendulkar & Sehwag playing Carrom
28. Sachin Tendulkar playing Tennis
29. A very serious Sachin alongside his captain Kapil Dev
30. Once Sachin went to watch the movie Roja in 1995. It all went wrong when his glasses fell off and the crowd in cinema hall recognized him.
31. Sachin Tendulkar with wife Anjali
32. At F1 racing.
33. Boost is the secret for Sachin’s energy. Nostalgic!
34. His coach Ramakant Achrekar watches the last match of Sachin Tendulkar.
35. Sachin Tendulkar at his home
36. Resting Before the blast
37. Playing with Zoo Zoo.
38. Sachin & Nana Patekar at the Gym !
39. Young Sachin receiving a bat while his mother is watching.
40. Sachin playing cricket on the streets.
41. Sachin at MRF pace acadamy with Denis Lillee, who suggested Sachin to become a batsman rather than a pace bowler
42. What a simple man.
43. Shooting for a commercial in a bathtub. He he he
44. Sachin Tendulkar at home with his bat ofcourse.
45. Epic expression.
46. Gabbar ‘Sachin’ Singh
47. Innocence at its best.
48. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly & Sandeep Patil
49. Sachin & Harbhajan Singh having fun
50. With his son Arjun Tendulkar. And the girl is not his son’s gf FYI.
51. Sachin’s cricket Kit.
52. Sachin Tendulkar used to sleep in his cricket gear during his junior days.
53. With Vinod Kambli.
54. Notice the text on his Tshirt. Ha ha..So True!
55. With V. Raju, Sanjay Manjrekar & Kiran More
56. Having a coffee with Azhar
57. Can you guess the cricketers? Ha ha ha
58. In His Hotel Room
59. Colony watchman’s son Ramesh Pardhe who was his playmate, said Sachin would ask him to dip a rubber ball in water and hurl it at him. He wanted to see the wet marks left on his bat to find out whether he middle the ball correctly.
60. A prankster, Sachin once put a hose pipe into Saurav Ganguly’s room and turned the tap on. Ganguly awoke to find his gear floating. He calls Ganguly as ‘Babu moshaai’ while Saurav calls him ‘Chhota babu’.
61. Sharing a joke with Sanjay Manjrekar
62. Something’s fishy with Ajay Jadeja
63. Posing for an advertisement.
64. At The Ranji Trophy Finals in Delhi
65. During a Tea Break.
66. Little Sachin & Ganguly
67. All Legends Together
68. On His Marriage Day
69. Height doesn’t matter. You cannot intimidate the Master Blaster.
70. Sachin is so possessive about his Ferrari that even his wife Anjali is not allowed to drive it!
71. Sachin’s mother welcoming him home after a successful cricket trip.
72. Diving from the top
73. Sachin’s 134 against Australia in the finale of the Coca Cola Cup is one the best knocks by him. He scored back to back hundreds to win the series for India.
74. Double Century
75. His 25 years of wait finally got over when India won the World Cup in 2011.
76. Yuvraj Singh and Sachin sharing an emotional moment after winning the World Cup.
77. The Last Match Of Sachin Tendulkar
78. The Most Emotional Farewell Speech Ever.
79. That moment when the whole India cried.
80. We Miss You Sachin !