Nestle India is working hard and trying to rebuild it’s reputation that was long lost when it was reported that the Maggi noodles was high on lead and MSG and that it is unsuitable for human consumption. To tone down it’s consumer fears and turn the tables around, they have been sending out more than 1,000 batches of our favorite snack for research.
‘Internal and external tests show that lead levels are well within the limits specified by food regulations. You can continue to enjoy your favourite MAGGI noodles as always!‘ posted Nestle on their officially verified Facebook page.
Post the oh so many reports on Nestle Maggi being high on lead and considered unsuitable for consumption here’s what Nestle, had to say for itself,
Extensive testing reveals no excess lead in MAGGI Noodles
We understand that consumers are concerned by reports that the authorities in Uttar Pradesh have found elevated levels of lead in a sample pack of MAGGI Noodles. We are fully cooperating with the authorities who are conducting further tests and we are awaiting their results.
We have also submitted samples of MAGGI Noodles from almost 600 product batches to an external laboratory for independent analysis and we tested samples from almost 1,000 batches at our accredited laboratory. These samples represent around 125 million [12.5 Crore] packets. All the results of these internal and external tests show that lead levels are well within the limits specified by food regulations and that MAGGI noodles are safe to eat. We are sharing these results with the authorities.
We regularly monitor all our raw material for lead, including testing by accredited laboratories which have consistently shown levels in MAGGI Noodles to be within permissible limits.
In addition, we remain committed to continuing to improve the quality of agricultural raw materials across the food chain working with farmers, suppliers, authorities and the food industry to ensure food safety.
The quality and safety of our products are the top priorities for our Company.
We understand that consumers are concerned by reports that the authorities have found elevated levels of lead in a sample pack of MAGGI Noodles.
We regularly monitor all our raw material for lead, including testing by accredited laboratories which have consistently shown levels in MAGGI Noodles to be within permissible limits. We are currently conducting further tests on samples of MAGGI Noodles and we understand the authorities are doing the same. We will share our results with authorities and continue to collaborate fully with them to bring this matter to a conclusion.
We are sure that this would have bought about huge sighs of relief midst the public.
The sales and consumption of Maggi would go up on the ladder once again, we believe.
Lead, a toxic metal is what the authorities claimed to have found in these instant noodles. Regular consumption of products high on lead can cause hypertension, kidney damage, and in extreme cases, death.
‘Children are particularly vulnerable because their bodies absorb five times more lead than adults do’ states the World Health Organization (WHO).
India’s national food-safety regulator expects to receive tests reports on Friday. A senior official at the Consumer Affairs Ministry said that the federal government would decide on next steps after these results come in from the company.