The Supreme Court has very recently passed a highly historic judgement stating that- ‘Couples who have been living together for long will be considered married’. We agree on the note that, this is a welcome change to a society where even sleeveless tops are considered to be scandalous.
This also throws light on the fact that the Government is finally ready to acknowledge live-in relationships, something they have been shunning away from for so long.
The judgement is indeed essential in a country like India where engaging in pre-marital sex is considered sinful. It’s advantageous for women because children born out of wedlock will also be considered legal.
But the major question is will this lead to rise in number of live-ins in the country? Definitely Y.E.S!
However it does highlight the fact on the premise of the judgement that our personal lives are decided & rated by the court. No matter how less or more you are involved, you will always be considered married in India.
What are the other after-effects of it?
1. To the disappointment of many, Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor will be considered married now.
God knows how many hearts this will end-up breaking!
2. Men might shun-away from live-ins too. Because living-in has almost become ‘married’ in India.
3. Indian parents needn’t spend lakhs on a big-fat Indian wedding. You can doll it all up with a – ‘LIVE-IN’.
4. Ekta Kapoor would soon start a new TV series titled – ‘Kyunki Live-in Karne Waale Bhi Insaan Hote Hai’.
5. Anybody can become Hrithik Roshan’s Wife.
If you can prove you lived-in Bollywood hottie Hrithik Roshan- You will be considered his wife. Not to talk about the huge amount you will gain as alimony. *hush-hush*.
6. Deepika Padukone will make a new video out of this that goes by, #mylife #mychoice #mylivein
7. If Taylor Swift moved to India, she will be married more-times over than she can ever count.
We all know how many live-in partners Taylor Swift has had till now.
8. Arvind Kejriwal might actually sit on a dharna and protest against this new discrimination against men.
9. Sadly, the internet will still blame it all on Anushka Sharma
10. Narendra Modi will start a new campaign called – ‘Swachch Couple Abhiyaan’.
11. Rahul Gandhi will go on a vacation to ponder over this new development.
12. ACP Pradyuman will stick to “Kuch Toh Gadbad Hai Daya”.
13. Yuvraj Singh’s father will blame MS Dhoni for this new law.
14. International brands will introduce special discounts for – â€˜Live-in Indian couples.
15. And despite all these, Salman Khan will stick to the fact that he’s still a VIRGIN!
To sum it up, we think this is a progressive step no matter how flawed it appears to be now.