In the city that never sleeps, its ironical that the rains have forced the Mumbaikars to remain in the vicinity of their homes today. Schools shut, Colleges shut, flights delayed and even the local railways were shut down. Several office going people were stuck at home due to the torrential rains of Mumbai on the 19th June 2015.
Here are 10 dramatic images of the Mumbai Rains that put the city on pause today.
1. Tracks near the Dadar Railway Station are heavily water-logged and offer a picturesque scene for the masses.
2. Dahisar Subway is swamped with water.
3. Parel Station looks like a built-in Lake.
4. The Matunga Train Station is flooded with water too.
5. A total of 19 Trees got uprooted across the city, of which 1 of them fell on a moving bus and staggered the traffic some more.
6. This Superman was seen battling all odds to reach his destination and presented quite a show to the public.
7. The level of water near Hindmata Cinema in Lower Parel is high enough to even drown down cars.
8. The Western Express Highway was stuck in a traffic jam for hours.
9. Even housing societies in Sion were heavily clogged with rising water level.
10. Next Philips in the making.
11. The Transport conveyance has been shut down completely
12. Kids climbing on buses to save themselves.
13. A Cab drowning near Matunga Police Station
14. Boating at the railway station.
Source: Hitiksha Narendra Bhatt
15. FYI: Stay Safe Mumbai. Go home!
If this heavy rain continues pouring down in torrents and also coincides with the rising tide, it could increase water-logging and lead to a flood-kinda situation in Mumbai. Beware, folks! Please stay safe.