The Richest Man on Earth: Rajnikanth Adopted him as Father
Mr.Kalayanasundaram worked as a Librarian for 30 years. Every month in his 30 year experience(service), he donated his entire salary to help the needy. He worked as a server in a hotel to meet his needs. He donated even his pension amount of about TEN(10) Lakh rupees to the needy. He is the first person in the world to spend the entire earnings for a social cause.
In recognition to his service, (UNO)United Nations Organisation adjudged him as one of the Outstanding People of the 20th Century.. An American organisation honored him with the ‘Man of the Millennium’ award. He received a sum of Rs 30 crores as part of this award which he distributed entirely for the needy as usual.
Moved by his passion to help others, Super Star Rajinikanth adopted him as his father.
He still stays as a bachelor and dedicated his entire life for serving the society. The turning point in his life came when he was doing library science at the Madras University. That was when the Indo-China War was on.
“I was listening to Nehru on the radio requesting us to contribute to the defense fund. Immediately, I went to Chief Minister Kamaraj and gave him my gold chain. I was probably the first student to have done such a thing,” he says with pride in his eyes.
Kamaraj was so impressed by the gesture that he felicitated the youngster at a special function on May Day that year (1963).
HIGHLIGHTS FROM HIS LIFE:
- When he was at college, the Indo-China war broke out, and he contributed his gold chain tothe then Chief Minister, Kamaraj, for the war fund. At this time around, he went to meet Balasubramanian, Editor, Ananda Vikatan. “He sent me away, saying he would write about me the day I donated something I had earned myself. I did not speak a word to anyone about what I had done. I took it as a challenge,”
- Ever since he got a job as a librarian in Tuticorin, he has contributed all his salary, pension benefits and ancestral property to social welfare.
- When he received his pension arrears and contributed it to the Collector’s Fund, that the then Tiruneveli Collector felicitated him, despite his protests.
- The `Paalam’- Means Bridge [HIS SOCIAL ORGANIZATION] serves as a bridge between donors and beneficiaries: it collects money and materials from those willing to donate and distribute them among the weaker sections.
- It has also contributed to the cyclone relief funds in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa, and has helped the earthquake victims in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
We all Indians should be PROUD.
UNO has honored him but we Indians don’t even know that such a personality exist amongst us. At least have the courtesy to pass this on and on till the whole world comes to know about this Great Good Samaritan.
Hats off Mr. Kalayanasundaram.. We Indians are extremely proud of you and proudly say “EVEN THIS , HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA”. Feel Proud to Share this !