Many midst us know that the Reserve Bank Of India controls the issuance of Indian currency and that the word Rupee originated from the Sanskrit script ‘Rupayam’.
However here are some more interesting facts about it that will blow your mind :
1. Did you know that the Indian Rupee note has Braille signs?
2. Do you know that the cost of making an 10 Rupees Indian coin is 6.10 Rupees!
3. Did you know that except for one rupee notes and coins everything else is printed by the RBI!
4. Do you know when the symbol for Rupee was adopted?
5. Do you know what the current series of notes are referred to as?
6. Did you know how the Indian rupees are made?
7. Have you ever studied an Indian rupee note closely?
8. Did you know that we have zero rupee notes in circulation?
9. Also that, we had 5000 and 10000 rupee notes in circulation?
10. Do you know how to identify a rupee note by its series?
11. Have you ever given a thought to the details in the coins?