Tanzanite is one of the rarest gemstones on earth and one of the most undervalued relative to its rarity. Tanzanite is a trichoic stone that reflects different colors, ranging from light blues or lilacs to deep indigos and violets. It was discovered in the 1960s and named after Tanzania by Tiffany & Co.
Here are 10 unknown facts about the ‘next big gemstone’,
1. Arusha,Tanzania is the only place in the world where Tanzanite is found.
2. When it was first discovered and put under evaluation by the esteemed New York Jewelry Company, Tiffany and Co; they regarded it as:
3. Depending on the angle from which you look at it, the stone may appear blue, purple or brownish-yellow.
4. Tanzanite’s deep blue color surrounded by a delicate hint of purple is the most coveted color.
5. Many Hollywood Celebs wear Tanzanite and express themselves with this precious stone.
Sarah Jessica Parker was spotted wearing a Tanzanite and diamond Pendant paired with a beautiful Tanzanite Ring.
6. This popular scene from Titanic also had Kate Winslet wearing a Tanzanite.
7. Tanzanite is getting rarer by the minute.
Tanzanite is already one thousand times rarer than Diamond and given that it is only 6.5 on the Mohs scale, many pieces are accidentally destroyed. The fact that it is formed by a unique geological phenomenon, that has less than a million to one chance of being repeated, means that according to geological tests, the world’s supply of Tanzanite will be totally exhausted within the next decade or so.
8. Tanzanite is now an official Birthstone for December and is the first Gemstone to have been added by the American Gem Trade Association to the list of Birthstones since 1912.
9. It is said that people who wear it feel spiritual power pulling them up.
It also encourages the wearer to help others because it helps them realize that their own individual truth is connected to eternal truths and the two would sustain each other. They are well grounded in truth, nature, and spirituality.
10. Finally, it also activates the throat chakra for clear communication of one’s highest truth and can also be used to enhance psychic abilities.
Well Tanzania, we must say you really have a GEM of a stone !
Share this with your friends and let them know how beautiful Tanzania is !