Poor quality of food whilst travelling with the Indian railways has always been a major hassle on their record. Looks like the government has decided to put a subtle end to it!
IRCTC has set up Jan Ahaar Cafeterias at the railways Stations of Indian Railways all over the country. They are currently working on providing Janta meals at less than Rs 20. It is buzzed that the Jan Ahaar Cafeterias of IRCTC will make Economy meals with popular regional cuisines and will be available at various stations all over the country.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) January 2, 2016
Here’s all that you need to know about the upcoming Jan Ahaar Cafeterias:
1) The Jan Ahaar Cafeterias would be launched on self-service’ mode with 24×7 hours operations.
2) Jan Ahaar Cafeterias’ will sell or serve Janta Meal, Economy meals and other popular regional cuisines only and most of the items shall be priced below Rs 20.
3) Fast service will be provided on the footsteps of take away joints. Most of these will be air conditioned and located only in the paid (ticketed) area.
4) Approved PAD items; variety of ice-creams; and approved hot and cold beverages will also be available for consumption.
5) Free filtered /RO drinking water would be available.
6) There will be minimum seating area, may be with 8-12 chairs and maximum area is earmarked for standing facility.
7) Modular counters for display and computerized billing.
8) Kitchen area can be seen through with glass partition towards modular counters.
Looks like a welcome change isn’t it? What do you think? Let us know in comments below!
Feature Image: Source